Last Thursday marked the first day of the 2014 college football season aka the best time of the year. I am not sure if I have ever been so excited. On that glorious Thursday, my beloved Ole Miss Rebels were playing a key game against Boise State. As the game started, I could picture my team storming out of the tunnel as 60,000 fans screamed Hotty Toddy. The smell of bourbon filled the air and images of beautiful women dressed to the nines danced through my head. I was immediately taken back to long, hot Saturdays of tailgating with my friends. Growing up in the Southeastern Conference, game days didn’t mean team t-shirts and jeans. Game days meant inspiration for all the latest trends and the ultimate excuse to play dress up. I immediately started searching for inspiration for Saturday’s game day in Auburn. While every school is different in how they dress up (or down) for games, the most important thing is to be yourself. Dress like you like to dress. I always try to throw in the school colors and wear COMFORTABLE shoes. Blisters are no fun when it’s 95 degrees outside, and you have been on your feet for 8 hours.
So what are my MUST haves for football season?
1) In the still-hot late summer, early fall months, opt for a pair of cute shorts and a fun top. This is what I wore last Saturday…paired here with my absolute favorite shoes in the world. Keep the accessories simple with some mirrored sunnies, vintage earrings, and a cross-body bag. TIP: Although super cute, the see-through bag was not very practical for sneaking in Fireball minis.
TOP Alexis (SHOP) • SHORTS Alexis (SOLD OUT) • SHOES Christian Louboutin Pik Boat (SOLD OUT but SHOP similar HERE) • EARRINGS Vintage Chanel (one of a kind but shop similar HERE) • BAG Saint Laurent Mini Betty Bag (SOLD OUT but SHOP similar HERE) • SUNNIES Jimmy Choo Ives (SHOP)
2) A fabulous jumpsuit in your school colors paired with either flats or booties. I am sure most of you remember this belt from BCBG…an oldie but a goodie.
3) Speaking of booties…these are all perfect for Game Day…cute and comfy!
4) I LOVE the look of a long vest and leggings. How cute would this be paired with a vintage t-shirt with your favorite team’s logo?
No, this isn’t me. I found this on Pinterest. PHOTO CREDIT Rock n’ Roll Fairytale (visit her precious blog HERE)
5) Don’t even think of leaving home without a cute hat.
JEANS AG (SOLD OUT but HIGHLY recommend THESE) • SHIRT Sass and Bide (SOLD OUT but SHOP similar HERE) • BOOTS Christian Louboutin (SOLD OUT but SHOP similar HERE) • BAG Prada (SOLD OUT but SHOP similar HERE)
I apologize for not getting an actual picture of me in my first Gameday outfit of the year, but Saturday was hotter than hell…literally, people were sweating buckets as they drowned their misery in bourbon and cheered “War Eagle.” Hopefully, this gives you a little bit of inspiration before Saturday. Remember, BE YOURSELF…put on what makes you feel awesome…and wear comfortable but FABULOUS shoes. Happy Football Season and Hotty Toddy!!!!!