SHOP THE POST
NYFW week post numero dos is upon us! 5:30 am came SUPER early on that first day. And preggo insomnia decided to make her rude and very unwelcomed entrance TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Needless to say, I was exhausted. I barely made my flight, but I was NYC bound for round 2 of one of the best weeks of my life: NEW YORK FASHION WEEK! I thought Thursday would be a light day but boy was I wrong. I was LATE for everything. Uber problems, y’all. But without further adieu, here are my 6 ride or die packing tips, my schedule, AND a few photos of my travel threads. Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram for all the outfit inspo!
You guys know I travel a TON. I am a pretty efficient packer when it comes to business trips, but I struggle just like each of you when packing for fun. However, I am improving each and every trip. Here are 6 of my ride or die tips to pack more efficiently.
- Start with your shoes. Yes, you read that correctly. One of the WORST mistakes I have made in the past is packing way too many shoes and either never wearing them or only wearing them with one outfit. Pick a pair of heels, a pair of boots, and a pair of sneaks that you can wear with all your outfits. Also, where your largest, heaviest pair on the plane if you are limited on space. Now, if these are a pair of 6 inch stilettos, please don’t do that. Stick to sneaks.
- Do NOT pack a blowdryer. Yall, this is SUCH an easy space saver. Every hotel, AirBNB, bed and breakfast, etc will have a blowdryer for you to use. This will save a ton of space. Also, if you are traveling for a weekend, wash your hair the day you leave, so you don’t have to wash it while you are gone.
- Pack travel size beauty items. I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but it is a common mistake we all make. Yes, we want to take our full face regimen, but this is not always practical. Does your beauty routine have a simplified travel option? If not, I love the Discovery Collection by Colleen Rothschild. It is perfect for travel and only $95.
- Keep jewelry minimal and pack expensive, one of a kind items in your carry on. Honestly, I rarely wear a ton of jewelry when I travel, and if I do, I stick to the same pieces. It isn’t worth the risk of damaging your jewelry or getting it stolen. Stick to pieces you can wear with multiple outfits and NEVER check your grandmother’s pearl necklace she handed down to you.
- PLAN. YOUR. OUTFITS. AHEAD. OF. TIME. Y’all, I have made this mistake in the past, and it was a disaster. Plan (and try on) every single outfit you want to wear PRIOR to packing, including shoes and accessories for each look. Then, make a quick list of each outfit for each day. If you have a couple outfits planned for each day, label them daytime and nighttime. This will save you a ton of time and space.
- Choose basics you re-wear. Jeans, jackets, and sweaters can be worn multiple times throughout a trip. You can change the outfits up easily by changing your top, adding a hat, or changing your bottoms. Thus will save a ton of space.
DAY 1 NYFW SCHEDULE
Fly to NYC baby. BRIGHT AND EARLY
NOM NOM at the hotel…SO delish
Bollare Showroom, y’all.
Sam Edelman Event: SO GORG, SO HIP, SO FUN
Blogger din! This preggo needed her grub.
LIGHTS OUT! Boy was I EXHAUSTED.