Monochromatic Fashion: Wearing an outfit comprised of one color or color family.
Hi guys! I hope everyone is having a good (and SHORT) week! If you have been following my Instagram (and Asher’s Instagram), you will notice my recent obsession for all things black, white, and gray aka #monochrome. Black is the new black, right?
I don’t know about you guys, but I am totally that person that rocks the brights all throughout spring and summer. Think Mara Hoffman and Alexis. Then, once August rolls around, I am so over it, all I want to do is wear black and more black. Luckily, monochromatic fashion is a thing, and it is very easy to pull off.
So, how do you rock this monochromatic trend?
- Consistent Hue. The great thing about the monochromatic look is that you don’t have to stick to gray or black. You can use bright colors or dark colors, but make sure you stick to the same hue throughout.
- Texturize. If you notice in this outfit, I mix wax coated jeans with a more traditional cable-knit sweater. The leather boots and silver buckles add a nice element of shine to the look. The wool hat pairs perfectly with the other textiles. Need a holiday party idea? Think about pairing a sheer, lacy top with silk pants and pointy-toe, patent leather pumps all in the same color scheme (monochromatic teal would be AMAZE).
- Bling bling. Accessories can add even more texture to your outfit. A nice bag, necklace, or fab pair of shoes can really make the outfit pop. Since winter has decided to arrive this week, throw on a leather moto jacket to complete this look. Or rock a badass diaper bag and stroller for the ultimate “hot mom” look.
- White-Hot. I think we can all agree that it is time to ditch the “no white after Labor day rule.” Monochrome can be WHITE HOT with winter whites this season. Again, texture and accessories are critical to making this work. Think cashmere and silk or leather and wool. Add some gold accessories to finish the look.
- POP some color. In this look, I add some color with a red lip. You could pop color with your handbag or even your shoes. For example, if you are wearing an all-red outfit, try adding a white purse for some contrast. Or even white pumps!
I originally purchased the jeans and sweater locally at Gus Mayer, but they are now sold out. So, I am linking the outfit for you on LiketoKnow.It (click to sign up to receive shopable emails). Call Brittany at 205-870-3300 for more local options, similar to this look. This hat in gray and the sunnies can be purchased at Manhattan South (HAT, SUNNIES [only one pair left]). Don’t worry, I have linked everything plus budget friendly alternatives at the end of this post as well. And now that it’s springtime, how about pairing this sweater with some distressed white skinnies and white sneaks? I just had an idea…I’ll put together a quick inspo board for the spring-time version of this outfit at the end of the post!
SHIRT 10 Crosby by Derek Lam [budget friendly HERE] | JEANS DL 1961 [on sale!] | BOOTS Christian Louboutin [similar HERE and HERE | budget friendlier HERE | budget friendliest on sale HERE | ADORBS Spring option HERE] | HAT Janessa Leone [black version HERE | budget friendlier and Spring version HERE | budget friendliest HERE] | BRACELETS Vita Fede [so many options, so I liked the page] | SUNNIES Krewe | LIPSTICK MAC Matte Russian Red | STROLLER Stokke Limited Edition Xplory [This stroller is very expensive, but it has been worth every penny.] | DIAPER BAG Prada [budget friendly HERE | budget friendliest HERE and just as cute] | STROLLER BLANKET Spearmint Love
What tips do you have for rocking the monochromatic trend? Don’t forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM to shop all my looks, especially you hip mommas. I am partnering with 2 other amazing bloggers for an AWESOME giveaway in the next few weeks. Stay tuned! Thanks so much for following…love you guys!
SHOP THE POST [budget friendly options included!]