Go ahead and cue the sappy post, because TODAY, Asher turns TWO YEARS OLD. Y’all, where did our baby go? Goodness, we are SO SO proud of the charming, kind, cuddly, hilarious little man he has become. He literally is our HEART AND SOUL, and we cannot imagine life without him. You guys loved my 35 things About Me post, so I am going to do the same for Asher…this time, 24 things, since he is 24 months old today. Make sure scroll to the very last one, because he has a surprise for you! And, I am going to go ahead and apologize now for the picture overload. These turn out SO SO adorable, and I couldn’t narrow them down anymore!
24 THINGS ABOUT ASHER
- His full name is Asher Hayes Lutz…Asher is a random name we fell in love with, and Hayes is actually my maiden name.
- He was born August 14, 2016 at 4:34pm via (somewhat emergency) c-section. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces, and measured 19 inches tall. I swear he is 19 feet tall now. His legs are so long!
- He looks like dad and acts like mom. For real though, he is my personality twin. It really is scary how much we are alike…SORRY, RYAN! I can’t imagine dealing with one of us, let alone two of us.
- THAT HAIR THOUGH! He was born with a full head of jet black hair. Funny story, he lost all but 1 strand around 3 months, but it literally grew back within a week! Now, we refuse to cut it.
- His lips are a dream. I don’t think he understands that women will pay good money for those lips!
- At his 18 month appointment, he was 75% percentile in weight and 95% percentile in height. I can’t wait to see where he stands this week! Right now, he weighs around 30 lbs.
- Poor kid probably doesn’t even know his name is Asher. His nicknames are Best Frand, Main Man, Mini, Asherman, Minster, Prince, Brat-face, Minster-face, Prince-face, Min, Little Buddy, and Jungle Boy (you should see his hair when he wakes up in the morning).
- He is a foodie baby. Literally, he will eat anything and everything and can’t stop won’t stop. One of the first foods he loved was octopus romesco from Bottega Cafe. Now, he loves tarts, sushi, chips, steak and potatoes, salmon, quinoa salad, salads (yes, I told he was my twin), cucumbers (again, my twin), dark chocolate, pizza (duh), spaghetti squash with meat sauce, stir fry, soups (as he would say), oatmeal (we LOVE this superfood oatmeal for him), pineapple, raisons, avocado, eggs, almond butter and gluten free crackers (these are AMAZE), and apple sauce. The list goes on and on.
- He loooooooves his sleep. On the weekends, he will legit sleep until 9 or 10 if we let him, and then take a 4 hour nap. I can’t believe I actually typed that…be right back, going to knock on wood.
- He is my style muse. Seriously the kid dresses better than we ever could attempt to dress. His fav brands are Huxbaby, Nununu, Beau Hudson, Stella McCartney Kids, Adidas, Burberry Kids, and Vans.
- He loves to swim and play with the water. And he has an obsession with washing his hands. OCD, much?
- He loves to have his back scratched and loves to scratch my back! DREAM.
- He loves to cuddle and kiss. Again, my twin. Dada is happy I have a cuddle bug, so I don’t have to
attempt tocuddle with him all the time.
- Speaking of, he and Dada are BEST FRIENDS. Seriously, it is the cutest, sweetest thing ever. In the morning, while Ryan is in the shower, Asher constantly says “my Dada. my Dada” and can’t go anywhere without him.
- He no longer walks, only runs.
- And is extremely clumsy, like me!
- He loves to cook and do chores. Let’s hope this lasts. Don’t worry, I am saving all the evidence for when he is old enough to really help out.
- He is OBSESSSSSSED with Elmo and thinks Minnie is his girlfriend.
- He is also obsessed with smelling my t-shirts.
- He still sleeps in his crib. I don’t blame him…look how cute it is!
- He is talking a lot right now, but I keep asking him if he comes with Rosetta Stone.
- He loves stacking things, going to the zoo, looking at big trucks, big dogs (sorry buddy, you aren’t getting one right now), lions, monkeys, playing “ouside,” hanging out with both parents and his friends, playing hide and seek, relaxing on the couch, riding in his wagon, hugging and holding hands,
- Before Asher was born, I prayed everyday for a kind child. Y’all, he is literally the one of the kindest people I know. Granted, he IS a toddler (and can be a brat-face, especially to Mama), but for the most part, he shares, takes care of others, gives the best hugs, and truly looks out for his friends. He is also super shy at first but can be quite the charmer once he gets to know you. And right before bedtime…SHOCKER.
- HE IS GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER IN MARCH!!!!!!!
We are expecting a baby March 2018! Trust me, we were as shocked as you are right now, considering I saw Ryan one time in 2 months over the summer. But, we are THRILLED! Asher keeps asking to see the baby, trying to kiss the baby, and give the baby bites of his food (and he literally gives no one bites of his food). He even has names picked out: Elmo or Asher, Jr. It is SUPER early (I am only 8 weeks), BUT I literally cannot hide it anymore. No one is falling for “I am not drinking, because I am doing Whole30” excuse, and my belly is starting to show. I really have felt pretty normal except for this damn sinus infection and bouts of exhaustion. Both are probably due to the fact that I live by the motto of “there are 24 hours in the day, and I need to utilize all of them.”
We honestly could not be more excited and cannot wait to become a family a FOUR (sounds crazy, right?)! I just pray this baby follows in Ashtag’s footsteps in terms of eating and sleeping. And of course, I am going to need ALL the tips on managing a pregnancy and a newborn with a toddler. Oh, and I think we will wait to find out the sex again. It was too much fu last time!
NEW CONTENT IDEAS
With that being said, I really do want to give you guys more Motherhood content this time around. More #mychicbump, baby necessities, pregnancy tips, toddler tips, etc. I know this is content that a lot of you want to see, but I definitely don’t want it to take over the blog. I am thinking of incorporating a Motherhood Monday or (insert cute name) Sunday series to keep the content to once per week. I would love to hear your feedback!