And just like that it’s time for the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is Nordstrom’s most important sale of the year. While they hold sales throughout the year, this sale has become EPIC among Nordstrom customers (and influencers ha) who want to save money on BRAND NEW fall pieces, the best beauty, and must have home finds.
2021 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE
This will be the 4th year I’ve shopped the sale, but I try and be really conscientious of how I cover it, trying not to completely overwhelm you. I never want to encourage you to buy just for the sake of buying and strive to find the best deals on the brands and pieces that I truly love. It’s never my goal to convince you that you just HAVE to have some random sweater that I would never wear.
Today, I am sharing the best strategies to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, including all the pro tips, my top purchases from 2020, and past posts to reference. Also, make sure you are following along on the LTK App, Instagram. and my newsletter. Need help? Shoot me an email, and I am happy to help you! Remember, the sale includes BRAND NEW fall merchandise up to 40% off. After the sale is over, so are the discounts.
WHEN CAN I SHOP THE 2021 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE?
People love the #NSALE, because Nordstrom features BRAND NEW fall merchandise that will be 20-40% off regular prices. This year, everyone will be able to preview the sale early. The preview day is slotted for July 6th. Additionally, please reference the chart below to see when you can access the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. These dates are based on your Nordy Club status level.
Not sure what your status is? Find out here!
All Nordstrom cardholders get six days of early shopping. Additionally, depending on your status level, you may be able to access the sale even earlier. The sale will open to the public (non-cardholders) on July 28th, and the sale runs through August 8th.
2021 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: DO I NEED A CARD TO SHOP?
I am 100% NOT going to push you into getting a credit card, if you don’t need one. The only thing I will do is explain the benefits of owning a card in relationship to the sale.
The two main benefits of getting a card are the early access and the personal points days. As a cardholder, you accrue points via purchases made at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack throughout the year. Once you reach certain point levels, Nordstrom will grant you rewards certificates to use as gift certificates on purchases.
Additionally, as a cardmember, you can select a shopping day to be considered a personal double points day. This means you will earn twice the points on your purchases than you normally would. The higher your Nordy Club status, the more personal double points days you have to use throughout the year.
2021 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: PRO TIPS
- Download the Nordstrom app. During the sale preview, you can save all the items you are interested in purchasing onto your wishlist. Also, make a list on the LIKEtoKNOW.It app to make shopping super easy.
- Plan Ahead. Shop as soon as the sale opens to you. You check your status here. Also, don’t forget to Double Your Rewards. Cardmembers, use a Personal Double Points Day to earn 2X the points on any day you choose.
- Make a list and check it twice. Trust me, I know how easy it can be to fall into the trap of a good deal. However, I encourage you to focus on staple pieces that are missing from your wardrobe that you need to replace. Create your list, add in a few “treat yoself” items, and stick to it. If you need two solid pairs of winter booties, don’t spend all your money on shirts you don’t need. Shop smart!
- Buy Now Wear Later: While it might seem early to start shopping for fall merchandise – trust me, it’s worth it! As a reminder, Nordstrom offers FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS. If you are unsure of your size, purchase multiple sizes to avoid the item selling out.
- Follow me on Instagram and the LTK App. You can expect collages and shopping guides here on the blog, try-ons via IG and IG Stories, and exclusive content in the LTK app. I will also provide plenty of styled looks and pieces styled multiple ways.
- Research. Here is a round-up of some of my posts from #NSALE’s past:
NSALE: 2020 BEST SELLERS
Boots, dresses, and BRAS reigned supreme in 2020. You guys loveloveloved the leopard dress (SAVE this year’s version here), my waterproof combat boots, (# 1 BEST SELLER–BACK THIS YEAR), these super soft, oh so gorgeous, supportive bras, and of course, this white dress that I styled 8 ways! Stay tuned for this years version. In both 2019 and 2020, I focused on creating a fun, capsule wardrobe that included pieces that could be mixed and matched all season long!
2021 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE WISH LIST!
And here is my official #NSALE WISH LIST!!!! Stay tuned for my FULL breakdown of sale must haves by category, including an in-store try on. PRO TIP: SAVE these items in the LTK app until you get access to shop. Easy peazy!