SHOP THE LOOK
SHOP SIMILAR ITEMS
It’s almost here, you guys! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Last year was my first year really concentrating on the sale, and you guys gave me GREAT feedback. So, I am taking everything I learned last year and dedicating this week’s LUTZ LUST to the greatest sale ever. And to providing you guys with an even better shopping experience this year. Make sure you read the entire post, because 1) here are the best Nordstrom Sale shopping hacks ever and 2) I am giving away a $1000 Nordstrom gift card to shop the post! Pay attention, there may or may not be a quiz ;).
What a lot of people do not realize is that Nordstrom is putting their NEW FALL MERCHANDISE ON SALE. This is not last season items that no one wants to buy anymore. The sale includes Fall 2017’s HOTTEST trends, DESIGNER staples, high-end and affordable beauty products, shoes, handbags, you name it. Keep reading, and I will link the Nordstrom Sale catalog, so you can make your lists.
For my kick off post, I want to keep it super simple: what are the 6 things you NEED TO KNOW to prepare for the sale? The 6 BEST Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shopping hacks!
IMPORTANT SALE DATES
Level 4 Access: July 12th (If you are a Level 4 cardholder, you can shop the sale on July 12th.)
Early Access: July 13th-21st (see below)
Public Access: July 21st-August 6th
GAIN EARLY ACCESS
This is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. The good stuff sells out super early (ask anyone that shopped the sale last year). With early access, you can shop the sale 8 days earlier than everyone else!
Also, they are offering a $20 Nordstrom Note (free money, y’all) if get approved for a Nordstrom credit card by July 9 and make a purchase. Remember, as I mention above, this WILL grant you EARLY ACCESS.
Ok, so how do I get early access? THE CARD’S THE KEY. All you have to do is apply for a Nordstrom credit card, and VOILA! You are IN! I have the Nordstrom card but still use my Amex to actually make purchases. This is TOTALLY fine.
UTILIZE YOUR RESOURCES
I am not going to lie…the sale can be very overwhelming. Planning what to buy (and avoiding things you don’t need) is difficult. To be completely transparent, there were several items that I purchased last year that I have never worn. UGH. So, the point is, utilize your resources.
- Preview the Sale Catalog. Here. you go. Head to the online sale catalog to pre-plan some of your purchases.
- Download the LiketoKnow.It app. I know downloading new apps can be annoying, but it really makes things easy. It allows you to screenshot items you want to purchase on Instagram and organizes the screenshots in the app to make it easy to purchase.
- Bookmark my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale page. I will make this super easy for you. I will have a tab at the top of my blog that will list the top 6 categories I will be linking. Everytime I add a new item, each category will automatically update.
- Follow Life Lutzurious on Insta. Obviously, I would looooooove for you to follow all my social media handles, but to be honest, Instagram is where you need to hang out for this sale. I will be posting my favorite pieces as they arrive at my house, uploading unboxing and try-on videos to Instagram stories, and participating in some AMAZING Nordstrom gift card giveaways.
- Sign up for my VIP list. In an effort to not COMPLETELY bombard every single blog reader and Instagram reader, I will be sending VIP list-only sale emails throughout the 2 weeks of the sale. Make sure you sign up for my VIP List here.
HOW TO SHOP
- In store: If there is a Nordstrom near you, this is a great way to shop the sale. Here’s the link to FIND YOUR NEAREST STORE. Can someone say road trip??
- Online (book mark this link): If you do not have a Nordstrom (like me) in your city, then online is the way to go. DON’T FORGET: Nordstrom has FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS, always. Honestly,
I thinkI know I would still shop online even if I had a store in Birmingham. Also, Nordstrom offers IN STORE pickup. Shop online, pick up same day!
CREATE A BUDGET
Y’all, I cannot stress this enough. I freaking WINGED IT last year. I spent too much money and bought too much stuff I never used. TRUST ME: get organized, make a budget, and stick to it. This sale is an AWESOME opportunity to knock out your Christmas list. Like I said above, the sale includes all NEW, FALL stuff, so these items are perfect for Christmas gifts. The kids section is really great too! And the beauty stuff is perfect for stocking stuffers. Create your budget for each person (including yourself) and knock it out during the sale.
TOP CATEGORIES TO SHOP
I did an analysis of what you guys purchased last season, and these were the top items. Makes sense, because this is exactly what I shopped last year as well. If you can focus on these categories, you will get the most out of your sale purchases.
- Beauty: Y’all are going to need a bigger makeup bag. Seriously, these were probably my favorite products from the sale last year.
- Basics: STOCK UP! You guys will be so shocked how DEEP THESE DISCOUNTS are. It’s insane, honestly.
- Fall Essentials: Boots, vests, DENIM, jackets, sweaters…I know it’s tough to think about fall, while it is hot AF outside. But trust me, it is worth it.
- Designer Staples: Calling all designer hoarders (hi, my name is Lindsey, and I have a problem). THIS IS YOUR SALE. I SLAYED this part of the sale last year. Don’t worry, I will guide you through it. The stuff will sell out QUICKLY (hello, Veronica Beard), so make sure you get Early Access.
- Trends Under $150: This was my 2nd most popular post on Life Lutzurious EVER. You guys loved my trendy picks for less than $150. Here are a few items I am guessing will be included…
- Baby + Kids: I swear, you put “kids” or “baby” next to the item, and the price triples. It’s just like wedding stuff. Anyways, I got so much stuff for Asher from this sale. TIP: Buy bigger sizes, since this will primarily encompass fall + winter items.
NORDSTROM GIFTCARD GIVEAWAY
Sooooom with that being said, I am partnering with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you a Nordstrom Giveaway. One lucky reader will win a $1,000 gift card to Nordstrom. To enter, please use the widget below.
Money Can Buy Lipstick | Something Dashing | A Sparkle Factor | Glitter & Spice | DTK Austin
By Brittani Lauren | Style Weekender | Life Lutzurious | I’m Fixin’ To Blog | So Heather
January Hart | Adored by Alex | Sunflowers & Stilettos | Nines to 5 | Blush & Blooms
RDs Obsessions | Mrs Casual | Style of Sam | Chasing Cinderella Blog | Sunsets & Stilettos
A Lily Love Affair | The Trendy Tomboy | Darling Dearest Blog | The Beauty Beau | Rose Gold Lining
Red Soles & Red Wine | The Closet Crush | Cup of Charisma | Dressing Dallas | Vandi Fair
Marblelously Petite | Zoe with Love | Tonya Michelle 26 | Jules & Grey | Hundred Blog
Miss Estephanie | xoxo Bella | La Passion Voutee | Living Life Pretty | Pretty Yellow Things
Use the widget below to enter the giveaway. The more “tasks” you complete, the more entries you will receive. The winner will be announced (on the widget) within 2 weeks of the giveaway ending. The giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada.