Am I throwing you guys for a loop or what with this recipe post? Trust me: it’s worth it. As soon as June rolls around, I head to the farmer’s market to grab all the heirloom tomatoes I can find. What else do you need? Cucumbers, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and bell or sweet peppers. Throw in a little seasoning and citrus, and you are all set. All the veggies in this DELISH soup are locally grown and seasonal. This cold, tangy paleo gazpacho will have you slappin’ yo mama it’s so good. And the hubs and kiddos will all agree. It’s easy, quick, and freezes very well.
What exactly IS gazpacho? Well, I am glad you asked. Per Mr. Google, “it is a a Spanish-style soup made from tomatoes and other vegetables and spices, served cold.” Most versions of this soup incorporate bread. But not his one. Nope. Nada. No carbs. Well, not really, but no gluten that’s fo sho. This particular gazpacho recipe is Paleo-friendly, Whole30-friendly (I mean, I did write an entire post about it…4 to be exact), and clean eating approved. Add crap meat, shrimp, and/or avocado to provide protein and fat. Here’s another GREAT thing about this dish: it is perfect for parties. Serve in glass shot classes with a steamed shrimp, and you will have your guests begging for me. TRUST ME. So, with out further adieu, here is the dish you will be coming back to all summer long: Lindsey’s Gorgeous Gazpacho. Oh, and don’t forget the Cava!
|Cook Time:||5 min|
|Prep Time:||15 min|
|Total Time:||20 min|
2. Add in all other veggies and blend.
3. Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, and lemon juice to taste.
* 1 small cucumber, peeled,halved, and seeded
* 1 medium green bell pepper halved, cored and seeded
* 1 small red onion, peeled and halved
* 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
* 1 small jalapeño, stemmed and halved lengthwise
* 1/8 cup extra virgin oil,plus extra for serving
* 2 Tablespoons Pinot noir vinegar
* 2 Tablespoons finely minced parsley, chives, or basil leaves
* Ground black pepper, salt, lemon juice, and hot sauce to taste.